New Owner?

All other discussions here...
raisingarizona

New Owner?

Postby raisingarizona » February 26th, 2015, 11:16 am

So the Durango newspaper just released the sale of DMR has been finalized and it also lists Snowbowl as one of their resorts. Hopefully this means the area is finally switching hands.

http://www.durangomountainresort.com/dm ... alized.pdf

What changes are you most excited about for Snowbowl?

ricorides

Re: New Owner?

Postby ricorides » February 26th, 2015, 12:50 pm

Well that makes me hopeful again.

Where do I start? The list is long.

Snowmaking up the ridge side, up Stump Patch to waterfall face up to Ridge side catwalk.

A new lift from bottom of Northstar to the top of Tiger would be huge. And replace Hart Prairie lift.

Repairs to chair 1 so it can run fully loaded on snow days. New bull wheel? New Cable? But I definitely don't want to see a high speed quad in place of chair 1.

But then again, I'd hate to see too much polishing. I like Snowbowl because it's real, it's got character, it's got a good vibe. I'd hate to see that lost in favor of improvements.

TOURJEE

Postby TOURJEE » February 26th, 2015, 11:17 pm

Perhaps better uphill travel policy allowing all to access their public lands.....

tripice351

Postby tripice351 » February 27th, 2015, 4:26 pm

I just hope the new owner comes in with a garbage bag full of cash and gets stuff done. About 50 more snow guns, etcetera etcetera
Marc aka tripice351

tripice351

Postby tripice351 » October 8th, 2016, 11:47 pm

Garbage bag full of cash, getting stuff done? Check...

New lift will definitely put a ton of more traffic in some prime tree real estate, but I think it will be worth it over all. Everything below top station of Grand Canyon Express will be tracked very quickly on a powder day, but everything above it will last much longer than it currently does. That fact, combined with the potential end of 45 minute lift line waits at Chair 1, makes this a net positive to me.

Anyone got any pics of new liftline trail?
Marc aka tripice351

raisingarizona

Postby raisingarizona » October 30th, 2016, 10:59 am

I have pics of the new lift line but I can't figure out how to load them onto this forum.

I'm so stoked on all of the improvements. It's about time, unless there was powder to ski I hardly wanted to ski here any longer. The idea of 15 to 20 minute rides for 2 minutes of skiing just isn't very appealing any more especially with the Sedona singletrack option just down the hill. I think another trail off Ridge from midway down to the pond would help with traffic and it's going to be real busy down around waterfall on the weekends but that's a little give for a whole lot of get. It's going to be great for locals midweek that can only get out for a few hours in the morning or afternoon, you will be able to actually get a workout in two hours.

I hope the Agassiz chair gets upgraded soon too, that thing scares me and it's soooo slow.

I love the tree thinning that's been going on. That new line below tower 13 skied so good last season, it's nice to see lines that have fluid flow finally here. In these newly thinned lines we can actually can hit the throttle now instead of skiing defensively most of the time.

I can't say I understand the local pessimism, Flagstaff is a wonderful place but this communities reluctancy towards progressive improvements sort of baffles me. Sometimes I think Flagstaffs locals are their own worst enemies.

Return to “Outta-bounds (and other questions)”