2012-13 season around the corner.. with, snowmaking!

All other discussions here...
tripice351

2012-13 season around the corner.. with, snowmaking!

Postby tripice351 » August 30th, 2012, 8:20 pm

AZSB website has some news in the scrolling pictures.. "Season pass pre-season sales Sept 1st - Oct 17", and in the Season Pass page in the Winter section, it says "We hope to release pricing very soon and will post them here." Sounds like they will be increasing prices.. which to me was predictable. If someone at AZSB is reading this - If any rates are going up, I would think it would be a nice gesture to give last season's pass holders a chance to renew for last year's price.

And of course the increase would be to pay for the snowmaking system.. which is being reported in the news as starting in late November, but I haven't seen anything official from AZSB.. Kaptain, are you still in Alaska? What's the scoop?

I for one am in support of it.. nice to finally see Snowbowl get technology in use everywhere else for the last 50 years.. who knows, maybe we'll even get those high speed quads sometime this century too! And yes, I totally started a post like this last year. Progress expansion continues. I'm stoked. Anyone been on the Skyride lately? Any new trails being cut? :D
Marc aka tripice351

tripice351

Re: 2012-13 season around the corner.. with, snowmaking!

Postby tripice351 » September 5th, 2012, 10:53 pm

AZSB now officially announcing there will be snowmaking, and the increase in lift tickets and passes. 25% increase on an adult pass. Does come with 2 weekday, non-holiday buddy passes tho.

For those that don't ride the lift enough to need a season pass, something not mentioned on the azsb website is that Snowbowl is now on Liftopia.. good deals. Single day tickets available Dec 22-Feb 28th, 10-40% off, limited quantities.
Marc aka tripice351

Return to “Outta-bounds (and other questions)”