new randonee/at skier

Find a teammate.
cjrandoneeskier

new randonee/at skier

Postby cjrandoneeskier » January 8th, 2011, 12:44 pm

Looking to skin up and run some moderate chutes to build skill for ski mountaineering expeditions in Alaska. Skiing Atomic Tourcaps, Naxo, and Salomon E2 ti. Experience from Wasatch but have never skied San Fran Peaks.

Dynafitlove

Re: new randonee/at skier

Postby Dynafitlove » January 9th, 2011, 7:27 pm

I am also an AT'er from the Wasatch but don't give a damn what kind of gear you have on your feet as long as you know how to work it and can travel efficiently in snow covered mountains. I too am in need of a partner. I have skied Humphrey's once in the spring but am unfamiliar with most of the terrain. I have been studying maps and snow reports trying to piece together info about the area. I will be skiing tomorrow (Monday) and could use a partner. Give me a call 801-450-21329. Anyone else who needs a partner or would be willing to let me tag along I would be very appreciative.

dolomite

Postby dolomite » January 10th, 2011, 12:22 am

I'm an AT'er as well though currently one of my bindings is back at Marker for warranty work. When I get back on the planks, a partner is always nice. 505.715.1768

-Reza

cjrandoneeskier

Re: touring this Saturday

Postby cjrandoneeskier » January 25th, 2011, 8:00 pm

Going to attempt a tour of Humphrey's on Saturday if the snow allows. Anyone getting out this weekend? How about you Reza?

dolomite

Postby dolomite » January 26th, 2011, 5:24 pm

I've got to work this weekend sorry. And it's a bummer too because I have the bindings up and running.

cjrandoneeskier

Postby cjrandoneeskier » January 28th, 2011, 2:33 am

Still heading up on Sat. Looks like a solo venture now. Got the fam fixed up with full on tele so hopefully next season little people rip powder. Saw a report here of NE chutes showing corn. Maybe some runs there for this weekend.

Return to “Teaming Up - Finding a Backcountry Partner”